The Magnet series are IGFA allowed for tournament use and all record catches!
|The introduction of electronic fishing
lures for big game changed the fishing community forever. Designed primarily for
the tournament fishing community (IGFA allowed), these units have been the
primary focus of many documentary films due to it's high success rate. Designed
in conjunction with leading marine biologists, and S2 Instruments, the big game
electronic fishing lure was born. These unique devices use specific pressure
(vibrations) to emulate struggling bait fish that Sharks, Tuna, and Marlin feed
on. Each takes in to account the "NORMAL" feeding habits in the
way of size, weight, species, and degree of struggle. The concept was studied on
how species survive in their natural environment, this is the key to the success
of these fishing products.
are simple to use, and are all IGFA allowed. They work on the principle that has
proven to attract Mako Sharks, Tuna and Marlin, just hook it up to your 12 volt
boat battery place the transducer in the water and the device is automatically
activated, that's it. It is now emitting a rich tone, while acoustically
vibrating the water in a 360 degree pattern. You are now being heard a
minimum of a 1 mile under water. The rocking motion of the ocean further
activates additional circuitry and breaks up the tone by adding an intermittent
harmonic. As these devices emulate bait fish they should be caged, or will be
eaten. The sound is heard by game fish
as an invitation to a slow moving wounded meal. That
means a greater selection of game fish caught. Supply the standard 12
volts from your boat's electrical system and place transducer over board, or can
be mounted within the bottom of the boat, it's that simple. They have proven themselves with over 35
wins in professional tournaments, it will give you the EDGE your looking for. It
is IGFA allowed for Tournament use and record catches.
S2 Instruments is a leader in the electronic industry with over 10 years experience in engineering, designing, prototyping and manufacturing military electronics. As the world has changed over the last 5 years, we have changed our business focus to a more commercial environment.
With the introduction of the Mako Magnet and the Tuna Teaser, over 300 units have been sold primarily to the tournament fishing community. The Marlin Magnet has been field tested for the last year and shows a significant advantage in attracting them right on your bait, and will not go away. This unit has been the focus of many documentary filming due to it's unique concept. Designed in conjunction with most of the leading marine biologists in the United States, and designed by S2 Instruments, the Magnet family was born. This unique device uses pressure (sound) to emulate a struggling bait fish that sharks feed on. This takes in to account the "NORMAL" feeding habits in the way of size, weight, species, and degree of struggle. It was very important to study how sharks survive in their natural environment. This study included 6 months of research with leading marine laboratories and biologists, plus months or reading scientific documents on the feeding habits on specific types of fish, in particular Mako Sharks and Tuna.
As the MAKO MAGNET was a huge success, we tested the market with a product called the Tuna Teaser, and then the Marlin Magnet. These products included the same technology as the Mako Magnet and differed due to the type, weight, and feeding habits of the Tuna, and Marlin. This product also was a success in the fishing community. All three devices are unique and patented. They hold a new concept in the leading technology of sport fishing.
Technology has captured the shark fishing industry by developing a computer controlled attracting device that actually attracts sharks. It's a proven fact that specific vibrating sounds attract sharks, the people at S2 Instruments have found a way to duplicate that specific sound. By incorporating the technology of today's computers, along with some of the leading marine laboratories and biologists, then applying that technology to an age old problem, the fish, and the fisherman.
The MAKO-MAGNET is an easy device to use, and it works on the the exact frequency that has been proven to attract "MAKO SHARKS". Just hook it up to your boat battery, place the transducer in the water and the device is automatically activated, that's it. The MAKO-MAGNET is now emitting a rich low frequency tone, while acoustically vibrating the water in a 360 degree pattern. You are now being heard a minimum of a 1 mile under water. The rocking motion of the ocean further activates additional circuitry and breaks up the tone by adding an intermittent harmonic. This easy to use MAKO-MAGNET should be caged, or it will be eaten. This vibration or sound is heard by sharks as an invitation to a slow moving wounded meal. Than means a greater selection of sharks caught.
If you have any question please call !!!
1) Note: The unit MUST be manually installed and pointed down for correct orientation (wire exit up, rubber side down). If this is not done, it will protect itself by floating upside down. Do not be tempted to simply tie weights to the unit to hold it down. That will only void the warrantee and potentially flood the unit.
2) Orientation: Place the unit a container, we suggest the open side of a milk crate or a 1gallon plastic pail with enough holes cut in to it to allow easy flooding. Tie wrap the unit down to the bottom, SUPPORT THE CRATE TO YOUR BOAT BY TYING ROPE FROM THE HANDLES TO YOUR CLEATS. DO NOT USE THE ELECTRICAL CABLE FOR SUPPORT, IT WAS NOT ENGINEERED FOR THAT PURPOSE.
3) Electrical: Simply attach the black wire to the negative side of your battery, and the red (sometimes white) wire to the positive side of your battery, DO NOT CUT THE CORD. You should now hear the output of the unit.
4) Thatís it: Now, the transducer at the end of the cable, goes in the water UP TO BLACK MARK ON THE CABLE or, no more than 2 feet deep. The create will help keep the unit at the specific depth.
5) Output: Testing the output of the ATTRACTOR. Attach the cables to the battery per above, you should hear the output sound vibration. While holding the transducer slowly rock it back and forth, a different tone should be heard. If not, check your battery hook up and verify the rocking motion.
6) Placement: Place the unit in the back or either side of your boat, it makes no difference your now broadcasting 1 mile in a 360 degree pattern ALL AROUND YOUR BOAT. Thatís the MAGNET advantage
7) Trolling: Tuna Teaser and Marlin Magnet If you intend to troll with this unit, it is suggested that the unit be fixed on the inside of your boat. Please contact the factory for correct instructions.
3) Once cured, place a small tube in the opening that was left UN-sealed (you can also use a hypodermic), fill the gap between the unit and the hull of the boat with any fluid (you can even use sea water). The purpose of this is to eliminate as much as the air as possible. When the tube overflows, remove the tube, and seal off that part with silicone. Unit is now mounted and ready for use.